Thursday, November 8, 2012

In Manila

A little more than three months ago my kids and I landed in Manila and finally reunited with my husband and their dad, who moved here in March already. We came to visit in both April and June so had a bit of a clue what life here would be about.

This blog will be about our journeys, in the city, to the ocean, up the mountains, down the hills, near and far. Please come join me!

(not in Manila)
 
And this is what I wrote on my "old" blog Anna in Hanoi after our very first visit in April. It is still all true.
 
"Wonderful climate. Too much traffic. Fantastic people. Too many shopping malls. Beautiful surroundings. Too "american". Great to be able to communicate in English. Too many armed gards. Western style super markets. The list of pros and cons is already long, but without doubt it will be possible to live a comfortable life over there, and as I belong to the - possibly stupid - category of people who thinks it is (partly at least) possible to decide yourself whether you are going to like and enjoy a place - or not, I am convinced I will both like and enjoy life in Manila. Although I also know that the first six months in a new country is rarely the best time of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment