Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Last week I went for a quick work trip to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Apart from meeting rooms I didn't really get to see a lot, but "fortunately" traffic is pretty intense and while making progress at snails pace through the city, going back and forth between meeting venues, I got a snapshot of what the place might be like. I enjoyed great weather, good food and lovely people, but, honestly, the place is just way too crowded for me...

 Still dominated by rickshaws, what a hard job.




All magnificiently decorated.

 
 Beautifully dressed women. A rare sights as streets and public life are totally dominated by men.

 
 Also, some work. Here at Bangladesh Export Promotion Bureau - certainly in need of automation.

And, I did of course have time for some shopping. Brought home a fair share of fabric and textiles from the lovely fair trade shop Aranya, but was too busy express shopping to take pictures. Then escaped quickly to the Gulshan ship wrecking market where you can find any kind of cool stuff from old boats. Just too heavy for my suitcase, but wouldn't it be great to have one of those speed machines, for example to indicate for husband and kids every morning whether the day will be full speed ahead - or dead slow...

No comments:

Post a Comment